Welcome HackYourFuture Coach!
Because you can make the difference for our students teaching and guiding them to become junior webdevelopers. To be a good coach, you also need guidance, as our students do. That's why this Coaches Guidebook is here!
You can find all infos you'll need to become a great HackYourFuture Coach in it!
- You will contribute to improving the lives of others through tech education 🚀
- You will become better expert of your own craft by teaching your knowledge 🤓
- You will be exposed to different cultures and different ways of thinking & working 👐
- You will become a part of HackYourFuture’s professional network 🌐
- We speak the same language 💬. HackYourFuture is the only English speaking free training in Belgium.
- We code on Sunday 🌤. We're adapted to refugees' and newcomers' realities, facing other challenges during the week.
- We breathe openness 👐. We're fully open, according to the Open Knowledge philosophy.
- We help you build your future, not your past 💪. We train refugees and disadvantaged newcomers.
- We are like a family 🧡. Our format is based on a grassroots community with volunteer coaches and mentors.
- We advocate for diversity 🧕. We strongly encourage women to participate. 36% of our students are women.
Please tell us and we'll add it, or we can even co-write new materials. Because this is a work-in-progress, under the motto: "If You're Not Embarrassed When You Ship Your First Version, You Waited Too Long."
Are you interested in teaching programming and want to learn more? Check out these links to get yourself started. This isn't required to teach at HYF, but it never hurts.